The ceremony was wonderful. Michael looked all grown up and dignified especially when you saw him standing next to someone getting their bachelors degree. He walked and got hooded in the first row of graduates, then we sat through the rest of the ceremony which was less wonderful and much more boring! Everyone was so increadibly proud of Michael. You could see it on everyones faces and in their eyes. His mom definately won the "Michael's biggest fan" award for the day! Which is very impressive because she beat me by a landslide!! She was so cute, everytime Michael would look up into the stands she would jump up as fast as she could and start waving to him. He would give her a simple cute wave back everytime.


We did Christmas with his moms side of the family Saturday and went to Christmas lunch with his dads side of the family on Sunday. It was really nice for us to have both Christmas's in Lubbock this weekend, and to have Chrstmas in El Paso next weekend because we won't have to miss anyones Christmas this year. What makes it super nice, is that we probably won't make it to any Christmas's home next year and doubt anyone will come to visit us for Christmas, but don't feel sorry for us. We are already planning on a "Christmas in Vienna" or "Christmas in Venice" or something to that extent. Check out this Montley Crew!! (This is Michaels mom's side of the family)

We got to the airport about an hour and a half before our flight left and the girl at the counter was able to bump us up onto an earlier flight. As soon as we went though security we walked right onto the plane. I'm glad we were able to catch that flight. It got us home much earlier.
It was a fun weekend, now we are back for the week. Wednesday is Pate/Partney Christmas at our place and then Saturday morning we head to El Paso for actual Christmas. I think the week will go by quickly.
I have all the pictures from graduation up in our photogallery here : Graduation
2 comments:
No, you can't beat Moms for pride in their children and I should know. I'm so glad you got to have Christmas with the family. I want Christmas in Vienna too!
Hey! Congratulations Michael! I walked on Saturday, too! :-)
Happy Holidays and Best of Luck for the New Year!
Post a Comment