Things are happening QUICK here. Did I say quick? I meant, things have accelrated into a rapid, swift hurried and speedy whirlpool of craziness. Yup, that sounds more accurate. Michael got his contract on Friday and it all looks really good, now they are just nogotiating the nitty grittys of it. We were pleased to see that TI will pay up to 10,000 USD a person for a year of language classes. We had thought we would probably end up taking the free group classes, but with a budget of 20,000 dollars we will be able to take advantage of having someone work with us both, one on one. The intesity of the classes with be much greater, which will hopefully help us grasp Danish much faster. Between the two of us we can read pretty well. We speak what we call, "Bad Danish" meaning, we can understand each other, but no one else can, and we can pick up stuff listening to Danish, but not everything. I think the focus will probably start with pronounciation. The Danish language is very gutteral. They speak fromt he back of thier throats and it's really difficult to do. We have always joked that at birth a watermelon is shoved down the babies throat so that they can speak their language. Here is some Danish to listen to. This is the Crown Prince of Denmark Speaking here:
Enough about the Language. If all works out we should be heading to Denmark in about a week and a half for our house hunting trip. The relocation service over there is already finding places for us. They were THRILLED to know we had lived their previously because we would be so familiar with everything and that our paperwork would be a much faster process because we alaredy have our Danish Social Security Numbers. When we go in a week, they will help us set up our bank account over there (Again, easy because we have already banked with the bank we will be using again), the relocation company will have all our ulitities set up and ready to go for us by the time we get there, and they will also provide us with professional tax support for a year. We have the movers coming next week so they can estimate the amount of space they need to move us. This move will be EASY and exacly like our one from Lubbock to here. They will come and pack our stuff (Because if we do it, they can't insure it) and they will move it all. We have 1,000 pounds a person to ship air fraight and 10,000 pounds a person to ship by sea.The best part? We will never see a bill!
We have alredy started saying goodbye to people. last weekend it was Michaels dad and Rhonda and next weekend it will be all our family in Lubbock.We will head to El Paso over thanksgiving to say bye to our family there and then come back to Dallas to say bye to everyone here, then we are off. As of now, it is looking like we will be leaving Dallas on November 29th or 30th.
My daily routine is currently in limbo and I really don't have much to do, not even around the house. Michael told me to just enjoy the next week or two of nothing to do, because after that, I'm going to be busier then I can imagine, so, I'll take his advice :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would say go outside and enjoy the "fall" we are having. Not that I know anything about anything, but I think it is going to get cold soon, wait it was 35 when I got up this morning.....where did fall go??
Enjoy Big D while you can.....if that is possible. =)
Post a Comment