Monday we got some food and wondered around Lyngby. They were both pretty jet lagged, but we were able to keep them awake till 9pm, but it was a challenge.
Tuesday we gave them the grand tour of Copenhagen. Which of course wasn't even scratching the surface but we hit the big stuff.
Ice Cream at Nyhavn
Wednesday we went to the great town of Hillerod. I have always loved this town so I had fun being back up there. We wondered around the streets and toured he castle that is located up there.
Today (Thursday) we went to Dyrehaven, Bakken and the Beach. It was raining and kinda cold too, but we went anyways. Bakken is an old old old amusement park that is nestled in a forest. It is claimed to be the oldest in the world. It opened in 1583!!! That IS old! And its free to get in Its rare to see that! From here we wondered to the beach for a look and then back to dyrehaven where we saw a lot of deer and just enjoyed walking through the forest.
Jason shooting a bow and arrow at Bakken
I hope to do better the rest of their trip. :)
4 comments:
Yea! We loved the pictures and hearing about your adventures. Love Mary's longer hair. It looks really good. The picture of you two girls is great. The guys look good. Hope everyone is feeling better, and that you all continue to have fun. Hugs to you all,
glad you all are having a good time!! Look like such fun....I am jealous!!
Looks like you all had a blast!!
Hi Michael and Nichole,
I hope that you get to feeling better! It looks like you are having a blast!
I haven't been able to get in touch with you because Kathy's computer was also injured in the wreck and I can't get to my email or skype.
To update Kathy's surgery and recovery: She is home and doing well. Her knee was broken in two places (into three pieces) and they pinned it back together. She is on crutches and can not put any weight on her leg or bend her knee for 6-8 weeks. She goes back to the doctor Monday and he will decide whether or not to put on a cast.
We want to thank everyone for all of the prayers!
Love you both!
Tanya (Michael's mom and Kathy's sister.)
Post a Comment