Thursday, August 16, 2007

This Bonny Lass is Goin' to the Motherland!

On the 15th of every month SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) puts out specials on 3 different cities that you can fly to on half as many bonus points as normal. We have been itching to get away for a quick trip but had been waiting to see what cities were on sale this month. When we checked we were delighted to see Paris, London and Dublin! It was easy to pick one of these three.

Paris: Been there, Done that! lol. just kidding. We would love to go back to Paris, or even just fly into Paris and go to some other French cities/towns, but not this time.

London: We both want to go, Michael more so then I, but it doesn't call to us as loud as many other towns.

So, Dublin it is! We are heading out in a week and a half and will only be there over a weekend, but should be plenty of time for some fun and most importantly, the Guinness Brewery! Recently a Viking Ship from Denmark set sail to Dublin and arrived just a couple days ago after a 6 weeks journey and will stay there for a few months. Perhaps we will run across that Danish Viking Ship while we are there!

Once I step foot in Ireland, I will have finally visited all the country's that make up my blood! Mexico, Germany, and Ireland! While I'm so glad I know that my family from Mexico was from Guanajuato, I still wish I had some idea where in Germany and Ireland my family came from as well.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Another trip! Wonderful! I can't wait for the pictures because Dublin is one more place you'll have been to that I want to visit one day.