Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dr. Pate's Little Chip

This morning I had an email from Michael from work with a link to a video he found on Youtube of the chip he and his team designed while we were in Dallas. At work and at home it was called, "Boston" but in the real world it is known "TAS5162". I thought Michaels dad Scot and his stepdad Wayne would particularly find this interesting. As will Jens, Klaus and Flemming I'm sure. As for everyone else, well maybe you'll find it interesting to! But probably not ;0)

When people ask Michael what he designs at Texas Instruments (after he tells them no, he doesn't make calculators) he gives this answer, "I make chips for stereos that make them loud". But I know what he really wants to say is this:

4 comments:

Ellen and Sharon said...

And he would be able to say all that quite well, I'm sure! He would probably do even better than this guy!

Anonymous said...

Jason might even be interested in that, he knows all about watts and stuff that eludes me.

Marianne said...

"Bosten" is a bit easier to remember than TAS5162 but the guy in the clip said it so many times that now I won't forget! :)

M2B said...

I think Michael's next project ought to be a chip for presidential candidates and for men who wear toupees and have 'click' glasses. I think it would be a big seller!