Saturday, September 24, 2005

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday I turned 26. Now I'm closer to 30 then I am to 20.. yikes, that's scary! I had a nice relaxing day and didn't do a thing until the evening. Mary and Jason met us in Dallas for dinner and then we grabbed some coffee. It was nice of them to come all the way here just for my birthday. They told me they wouldn't miss it for anything though.

The weather is suppose to start cooling off today with the rain we are getting from RITA. We have still been in the 100's with humidity and its been just horrible. The rain should put us in the 80's which will be much more pleasant.

This is the first weekend in what seems like forever that we don't have any plans! It will be nice to play it by ear and not worry much about everything we have had going on. Next Sunday Michael is heading to New Hampshire for 2 days for another conference. We floated the idea of us both going up on Friday and making a long weekend out of it, but decided against it. It's probably better that way anyways because its still so hot, we aren't able to just leave Hendrix outside yet like we usually would. Please Dallas, please cool off....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! When I turned 26 I was 10 days shy of giving birth to Mikey. Seems so long ago!!

I guess I can't complain about our weather.. we've been in the low 90's. I still can't wait for cooler weather!

Anonymous said...

Hey where are you?? And you've been tagged! Check my blog for details :)