We picked the name "Learning to Love Dallas" because as most everyone knows, neither of us were very excited about the move. We both wholeheartedly hope that within the one year we are here, we will grow to love it and enjoy our short stay. Hence the name, "Learning to Love Dallas." Worst case senario, we don't love it and we deal with it for a year and then get the heck outta here!!
Our move to Allen was smooth. We have been here two weeks and are getting use to the area and the horrid traffic, long driving distances and the crazy fast drivers. Michael is currently in Denmark giving a talk at a conference. He left Hendrix and I in this new town all by ourselves, but we have kept ourselves busy.
Here is our new house:

We are enjoying our new house and are slowly getting everything where we want it and organized and trying to make it home and not simply a house.
We have already had our first overnight guests. Scot, Michaels dad came down for a couple days and my friends Mary and Sara stayed the night also. We have a guest room with a new comfy bed. Now, we are ready for guests...So come and see us! :)
I hope you will continue to check our ramblings and our adjustments to big city living. It will be an interesting year... Also please feel free to leave us comments on our postings so we know this is being read! To leave a comment just click the link under each post that says, "comments"
4 comments:
Your house is beautiful!! I hope you leanr to love Dallas too, it will make things easier.
But even if you don't, at least you know you are not there forever :)
Hi Nichole, Michael and Hendrix!!
I hope that you get to love Dallas, if not you can always come and spend some time in Oklahoma City! Your house looks beautiful, I know Nichole is going to love decorating it. I hope to see you all soon!! We love you all!!
Amanda, Jay, and Breanna Brinsfield
Hi, Nichole and Michael! Your new home is lovely. You will learn to love Dallas because you should always enjoy yourselves no matter where you are.
Much love and many hugs,
Mrs. Peeps
PS Now we have taught your mom how to blog. I think she will like it.
I loved seeing all the pictures! I'm sure you have already made your house a home. You've only been there for two weeks and you've already had overnight guests! Will be looking forward to seeing more. Take care and give Hendrix a pat for me!
Love,
Mom (EJN)
Post a Comment