Sunday, October 16, 2005

Cow Town

Finally, we went to Fort Worth to see Mary and Jason's place. While they don't live in the best part of Ft. Worth their building is adorable. They are living in a historic 100 year old red brick apartment building and the inside is so charming, cozy and warm that it hurts. Mary is one of those people that decorating comes so incredibly natural to her that it makes you sick. I'm sure people would pay her bookoos of money for her to come fix up their place. We've already informed her that when we move back to Denmark She's coming with us to fix up our place so its cute.

Anyways, back to Ft. Worth. We had a blast. Immediately we could tell that the pace of life was much much slower there then in Dallas. It was a pleasant escape. More tourists and tourist places, less insane business people and way less people that seem to only care about the way they look and never felt the "keeping up with the Jones" attitude that is on every corner of where we live.

We went to lunch at the best Mexican Food I have ever had outside of El Paso at Joe T Garcias
( http://www.joets.com/ ) Really this place was so good that it would give some of the best Mexican restaurants in El Paso some amazing competition. It tasted like home and now every time we find ourselves anywhere near Ft. Worth, we are gonna have to go. Oh and the magaritas were to die for. Probably one of the best ones I have ever had. It wasn't the extremely sweet tasting margarita that you get at every Tex Mex place, but a real true margarita. YUM!

After lunch we headed to the Historic Stock Yards, a Log Cabin Village, the Botanical Gardens and Downtown Fort Worth for dinner. So finally I found a place in the Metroplex that I really enjoy.... Fort Worth! The city itself seemed to fit both Michaels and my personality better then Dallas ever has. It was also the first time since we moved I wasn't stressed about being in the car or driving in fear that I was going to die. Why's it got to be an hour away?? Stupid giant metroplex.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MMMM I love Mexican food! Glad you had a great time with your friends. I can't decorate worth a darn either...