Just one Bite
Here I go....
Contemplating Tuna
"De fire årstider" Flower shop in Lyngby
We came home for a little while and I made a pot of chili and we all just sat around and talked to each other. In the evening T&W had decided they wanted to go for a walk since we hadn't been out of the house too much. We headed to the grocery store first so Wayne could get money back from the bottles they have been using, then we got ice cream, and walked around the lake nearby.
Wayne at the Cash Register in the denim shirt
I was so proud of him going to the cash register all by himself. That sounds silly, but they both would have freaked out if we asked them to do this on day 1 of their trip here.
Ice Cream from "Paradis"
No trip to Denmark would be complete without seeing the SLUUUUGS!!!
Most of the trip this is what Tanya looked like.
Aiming her camera at the baby ducks.
Aiming her camera at the baby ducks.
A sad bike
Back home...
In 18 months I've never posted this.This is the back door of our building.
In 18 months I've never posted this.This is the back door of our building.
Friday we got Michael out to the airport and the three of us went to go eat some of those famous Danish hotdogs and went shopping in the store center. It was an easy day for us as we were winding down their trip, they packed, Tanya did a little work for work and Wayne watched tv! We ran out in the evening for one last Ice Cream....
Bacon + Hotdog = Happy Wayne
T&W managed to come and spend almost 2 weeks in Denmark and saw nothing but lovely weather. There were a few cooler days, but nothing too bad. Everyone including us kept telling them they aren't seeing real Denmark and they came at the perfect time. In their almost two weeks they hardly saw any clouds, never saw a drop of rain, and experienced very little wind. I told them over and over that if when they left, it got cloudy dark and rainy I would be calling them begging them to come back. We woke up to colder weather, and after I dropped them off at the airport, the clouds started rolling in and it turned dark. Though a drop of water has yet to hit the ground.
Cloudy Denmark....AKA: Real Denmark

To make me feel better about the clouds, they helped create a nice sunset tonight!
And for T&W we LOVED having you here with us. Thank you so much for visiting!!! It was really special for us to get to show you around this little country we fell in love with so long ago. Honestly, having you here will forever be one of our highlights from our time living in Denmark. Nana and Kathy will be so proud of you both when we tell them what great international travelers you are. :o) When I got home, this little guy was sitting on the top of the sunroom. I think he was missing you.....

FYI: This is my 3rd post for the day, so don't stop reading here because there is more below.
2 comments:
Your face with the fish is exactly the face Jess had when she had smørrebrød with pickled herring! Too funny!! But I am proud of you for trying it!!!
Hope everything is ok with your family situation....if I can do anything, please do not hesitate to ask!!!
I'm sorry to hear that you got bad news from home!! It must be hard to be all the way over here in a situation like this.
I was surprised by the picture of your building. I always imagined it being white - probably because of the frame around the windows in your sun room.
Didn't Wayne miss having some condiments on his hot dog?
Post a Comment