Sunday, May 04, 2008

Pictures of Kiev

I have all the pictures in my Picasa web album so you can check them all out there. I don't have very descriptive captions on them, because I find writing captions really boring.

A play by play of our days there would be boring. Basically, we walked...and walked and walked...and walked some more. For everyone we have walked to the brink of exhaustion, you can't even imagine how far we have to walk to make ourselves exhausted. Basically our full day was an 8.5 hour walk with a few stops to sit and rest, or to eat along the way.

We happened to be there on May Day which was a lot of fun, because all the locals were out enjoying themselves and there were concerts and all sorts of hoopla going on. It was a lot of fun.


Our Cute Room

Michael with Cool Architecture

St. Sophia

St. Michaels

St. Michaels
In the midsts of the May Day Celebrations
This pathway stretched for a long time, and most of the gates you can see were covered with artwork. These were not though.
In Kiev cars often pop up and drive on the sidewalks and park as well.

Hanging out with the GIANT Rodina Mat. She is 62 meters tall

After a looooooong day of exploring



To see all of our pictures, visit the link below. :)
Kiev, Ukraine

3 comments:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

Pics are GREAT! And I am glad to see you got the traditional "Pates, holding the camera out to snap the 2 of them in front of something amazing" photo!!!

Anonymous said...

Not all of the pictures are coming up but I'll check back. The ones I did see we're great :)

Marianne said...

Cool hotel room!

The architechture looks very eastern European (oddly enough!) and quite impressive.
After walking that much it's no wonder you looked that tired!